Jamie R. Fisher
Ms. Fisher is a Partner with Grund & Leavitt. She received her Juris Doctor in 2006 from the Chicago–Kent College of Law. In 2006, she joined Grund & Leavitt, P.C. as an extern through Chicago-Kent’s Family Law Masters Program.
Ms. Fisher’s practice is dedicated exclusively to the area of family law. She counsels clients in a variety of complex domestic relations issues to include prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, divorce, paternity, custody, visitation, spousal and child support and interstate and international jurisdictional disputes. Ms. Fisher has been involved in a number of significant trials and appeals to include cases involving the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act, which determines the state or country in which a custody dispute will be heard. In 2013, Ms. Fisher became a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
Ms. Fisher received her Bachelor’s Degree in 2002 from the University of Colorado, Boulder where she worked in the District Attorney’s Office as well as the Boulder County Public Defender’s Office.
- Chicago–Kent College of Law, Chicago, Illinois—J.D. May 2006
- University of Colorado, Boulder—Bachelor of Arts in Political Science December 2002
Ms. Fisher was licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois in 2006, the State of Florida in 2007 and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois in 2007.
- Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Treasurer of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Illinois Chapter
- Mentor for the Women in Law mentoring program at Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- J.U.F. Young Lawyers Group
- Co-chair of Year Up Chicago Leadership Council
- Year Up Chicago Volunteer Mentor Class 10 and 13
- Metro Achievement Center for Girls Volunteer Tutor