David I. Grund
Mr. Grund is a Founding Partner with Grund & Leavitt. He practices exclusively in the area of family law concentrating in all aspects of matrimonial litigation.
He has successfully represented individuals on all issues arising from divorce proceedings which involve, among other things, the valuation and disposition of substantial business interests, custody, maintenance and other marital and parental rights. Mr. Grund is known as a creative lawyer with a keen sense of the rules and the law governing the practice.
Mr. Grund is the founding partner of Grund & Leavitt, P.C. Mr. Grund is a 1972 graduate from the DePaul University College of Law. Primarily representing clients in Illinois, Mr. Grund has also represented numerous clients across the nation.
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Grund is devoted to teaching young lawyers the art and advocacy of Family Law. In that regard, he serves as the Director of the Family Law LLM program at Chicago–Kent College of Law. The program, the first of its kind in the country, offers internships and is designed to provide young lawyers with hands-on experience in the Family Law practice.
Mr. Grund, alongside partners Jody M. Yazici and Marvin Leavitt, authored the Illinois Practice of Family Law. The book is currently in its 15th edition, and was published in February of 2016. The Illinois Practice of Family Law is the most widely used family law text by practitioners, judges, and law students in Illinois.
Mr. Grund’s clients are very successful, professional, social and business people. His clients range from television news anchors, CEO’s of publicly traded companies, attorneys, entrepreneurs and other highly successful individuals or their spouses.
- Mr. Grund has been listed in Who’s Who in American Law and Martindale–Hubbell’s Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers. He has also been named an Illinois “Super Lawyer” by Chicago Magazine and Law Politics and one of the Chicago Sun Times “Elite Divorce Lawyers.”
- Mr. Grund profiled in Leading Lawyers Magazine — Consumer Edition.
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (Board of Governors, Illinois Chapter, 1987–1989; Chairman Admissions committee, 1991–1997)
- Faculty, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Young Lawyers Trial Advocacy Program (2001)
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association (Family Law Section)
- Chicago Bar Association (Matrimonial subcommittee)
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Decalogue Society of Lawyers
- Federal Trial Bar
- International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers