Contribution to Higher Education Expenses

The Illinois statutes authorize the court to require one or both of a child’s parents to contribute to his or her higher education expenses for undergraduate college, trade school or vocational school in divorce or parentage situations, depending on a variety of factors, including the respective financial abilities of the parents and the financial resources of the child.

The Grund & Leavitt team has had many years of experience handling this issue on behalf of its clients and its lawyers are well-versed in the applicable law.