Melissa A. Grund
Ms. Grund is a Partner with Grund & Leavitt. She concentrates her practice in the field of family and matrimonial law. Melissa Grund primarily represents clients in dissolution of marriage proceedings involving complex financial issues, corporate valuations, non-marital asset protection, and child custody disputes.
Melissa is a fierce, yet compassionate, strategic advocate with experience both amicably resolving and litigating sophisticated, multi-faceted matters. Melissa has been recognized by her peers as a natural collaborator who skillfully and passionately represents her clients without unnecessary confrontation. In 2014, Melissa was selected as one of the “40 Under 40 Attorneys to Watch” by the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin and Chicago Lawyer Magazine. She is currently an Adjunct Professor at the Northwestern University School of Law where she teaches, Structuring Transactions: Matrimonial Law.
Melissa received a joint Juris Doctor and Master of Business Administration (J.D./M.B.A.) from the Northwestern University School of Law and the Kellogg School of Management in 2006.
Prior to receiving her J.D./M.B.A, Ms. Grund worked at Starcom Mediavest Group, a subsidiary of Leo Burnett USA, representing clients such as Disney and McDonalds in their advertising and media needs. In 2000, Ms. Grund graduated from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor with a Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A) in Finance and Marketing, magna cum laude.
- #7 in Top 10 Women Emerging Lawyers - Emerging Lawyers Magazine
- 40 Under 40 Attorneys to Watch 2014—Chicago Daily Law Bulletin and Chicago Lawyer
- Illinois Rising Star 2015—Super Lawyers Magazine
- Illinois Rising Star 2014—Super Lawyers Magazine
- Illinois Rising Star 2013—Super Lawyers Magazine
- Illinois Rising Star 2012—Super Lawyers Magazine
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The Standard Club
- J.U.F. Young Lawyers Group
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum—Next Generation Board (Co-Chair)
- Museum of Contemporary Art